Granola is one of the easiest (and fun) things to make and I love the idea of creating recipes with superfood ingredients for ageless, glowing skin! This beauty granola is a great snack at any time of the day and filled with vitamin-rich pumpkin and chia seeds, quinoa and spices to deliver your skin a dose of nourishment. Enjoy on its own, with coconut milk or however you love to eat granola, go wild!
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (toasted or raw)
- 4 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans (toasted or raw)
- 1/3 Cup Seedless Raisins (soaked)
- 1/3 Cup Dates (about 8, soaked)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice, white pepper)
- 2 Tbsp Grassfed Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Local Honey (or Manuka)
- Optional Toppers: Dark chocolate chips (I like 70% cocoa content or higher), Gogi Berries, Bee Pollen
You can completely modify this recipe based on your favorite ingredients or what you have on hand. I love to sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes and dark chocolate chips at the end for extra indulgence (and antioxidants of course)!
Preheat your oven to 325°.
In a medium bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together, along with the drained raisins and chopped dates. In a small pan, melt the butter, coconut oil and honey until combined and just starting to bubble. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix completely. Spread the mixture in an even layer onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper and bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown on top (when removed from the oven the granola will still be soft, but will harden as it cools). Once slightly cooled cut or break into chunks and sprinkle dark chocolate chips, or any other desired ingredient on top and enjoy. XX