Packed with protein, fiber and essential beauty vitamins like A, C and K- this dish is comfort food at it's finest- without the guilt! Seconds anyone?
- 1 organic green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 organic red bell pepper cut into strips
- 4 cups organic kale
- 1 pound organic chicken sausage sliced
- Polenta (make according to package- I used a combination of no salt chicken stock + water)
- 2 Tbsp. Kite Hill plain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped italian parsley
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- S&P to taste
- Optional: top with favorite marinara sauce
- Bring chicken stock and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan- gradually whisk in polenta over low heat consistently until the mixture thickens and becomes tender. Remove from heat - add 2 Tbsp. Kite Hill cream cheese + 2 Tbsp olive oil + ground black pepper and cover.
- Saute chicken sausage in 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat until browned
- Add in peppers and oregano, cook until caramelized (about 10 minutes)
- Add in kale - cover with lid until wilted
- Divide polenta into bowls- top with sausage, pepper and kale mixture.
- Top with fresh parsley and a splash of olive oil (optional marinara sauce)
Enjoy! xo- P