This grain bowl is a quick weeknight meal (or anytime meal) that is a mix of sweet and savory with the perfect crunch! Rich in antioxidants, healthy fats and protein to nourish your body and keep a healthy glow!
Recipe makes 4 servings -
- 1 cup dry sprouted quinoa (rinsed) + 2 cups water
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 2 cups organic sweet corn
- 4 cups organic spinach
- 2 cups organic pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- *optional salt & pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
*Optional toppings: cilantro, salsa or salsa verde, Kite Hill plain cream cheese, chopped cashews or almonds.
*Can omit the turkey if vegan or can swap for tofu, grilled salmon or protein of choice.
- Bring quinoa to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10+ minutes.
- Brown organic turkey in 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add in spinach, corn, oregano and chili powder- stir and cover until spinach is completely wilted.
- Portion quinoa into each bowl, top with turkey mixture, pomegranates, and cubed avocado (other optional toppings). Boom, its that easy!
Would love to hear your feedback and what you're craving next!